From Service-Learning Wiki
Purpose of the the Service-Learning Wiki
The wiki features information about service-learning as a teaching methodology; service-learning organizations, research, and topical areas; and state profiles.
- Provide the field with a one-stop shop for quick reference information and sources for further information about service-learning
- Provide service-learning practitioners with inspiration and ideas.
- Offer a platform for practitioners and other interested parties to document and share their service-learning experiences.
- Contribute to the "democratization" of the service-learning field by giving all stakeholders and interested parties a venue for participation.
What characterizes a wiki?
Wikis can best be described as online encyclopedias. The Service-Learning Wiki is no different.
- Participatory: The content of the wiki is contributed and shaped by its users. This also means that any missing information is not seen as a problem or deficiency but rather as an opportunity to contribute.
- Democratic: Anybody can contribute to the wiki. All that is required to participate is to create an account.
- Dynamic: Articles are ever-chaning as users make edits and add information about new organizations, programs, policies, and events.
- Accessible: Very little computer knowledge is required to be able to create or edit articles.
- Factual: Wiki articles are factual and have a neutral tone; they are not promotional and impassioned
How do I make a contribution to the wiki?
- Learn about how to add your organization or school to the wiki.
- Learn more about wiki editing in the Service-Learning Wiki:Style Guide.
- If you would like to make a contribution to the wiki, but would prefer to send your article to us via email, please use nylcG2G@nylc.org.
- Please direct any question about the wiki to nylcG2G@nylc.org.
Who manages the wiki?
The National Youth Leadership Council has set up the wiki and functions as its administrator. However, in the spirit of the collaborative and democratic nature of wikis, NYLC will excercise minimal control over the wiki. However, any contributions of a commercial or discriminatory nature will not be permitted.